REGISTER TO ATTEND ON APRIL 16, 2021
$700 per person
You will select to add attending the course during the registration process.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Leveraging the book, ‘Bits, Bytes, and Barrels: The Digital Transformation of Oil and Gas’, this virtual course is a one-day digital awareness education program specific to the oil and gas industry. It will include key delivery topics like the nature of digital impacts and timing, risks that must be managed, the business case for change, the role of new methods like agile in driving success, organizing a digital team, the impacts on people, and how to set roadmaps.
WHY THIS COURSE IS IMPORTANT TO YOU
The biggest challenge oil and gas companies face in addressing digital changes in the industry is equipping their people with a common base of understanding of digital. Without a common base of definitions, terminology, and frameworks, organizations run the risk that their digital agenda will be defined by specific vendors which can have unintended consequences. Suppliers of technology, IT professionals, universities and consultants all use variants of their own proprietary approaches to digital that, well intentioned, can create poor transparency, bias and prejudice. Without a common base, teams drift into silos, management blocks innovation and Boards cannot execute their oversight role.
Digital innovations are expected to impact the oil and gas along four vectors: Growing supplies, lowering costs, raising productivity and altering demand.
- Digital innovations applied to resource evaluations and reserves analysis are expected to grow global reserves by 5% or 500b boe, worth $22 trillion.
- Digital innovations will reduce costs by 20% across the entire supply chain.
- Digital innovations will improve productivity of assets by 20%.
- Digital innovations may erode demand for transportation fuels by 50% by 2040.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THIS COURSE
Companies who will find the course of value include:
- Oil and gas companies, particularly integrated companies
- Companies in the upstream, midstream, and downstream
- Field services companies that provide services to the industry
- Managers and supervisors in oil and gas
- Teams of workers tasked with addressing digital innovations
- Consultants to the industry
- Software providers to the industry (cloud, engineering, ERP)
- Suppliers to the industry (telecoms, IoT, SCADA, EPC)
- Investors, financiers, government agencies
- Regulators, policy makers
Feedback from recent attendees:
"Best Zoom based course I have ever experienced"
"The course was easily one of the best workshops I’ve ever participated in. The most striking thing is that I am able to immediately make use of the information given. Excellent balance of theory and practice."
"Super delivery over zoom, and exceeded my expectations."
"As a sales professional in the energy industry for over 10 years, I highly recommend Geoffrey’s instructive curriculum and book 'Bits, Bytes and Barrels’. 2020 was a disruptive year for my organization, specifically with our software sales goals not being met. After taking Geoffrey’s course with my team, I am enthused to focusing on leveraging our company’s existing expansive trusted experience, and building towards achieving new relationships in software solution development, including AI & ML. Geoffrey taught us where to focus within Oil and Gas, and how to deliver key facts towards expediting our sales cycles. "